Since 1984, David W. Smith, CFP®, ChFC®, QPFC, has worked as a financial planning practitioner and pension consultant. He has specialized experience working with the concerns of small and mid-sized businesses and the people who own them. David is also a member of Bend’s Estate Planning Council, consisting of local planning and tax professionals.
Having worked closely with a broad variety of people from diverse backgrounds, his clients appreciate his ability to listen and his depth of understanding, experience and insight. David’s genuine care and concern for his clients, their families and their businesses has naturally resulted in professional recognition numerous times for service and achievement.
David holds three professional designations demonstrating his commitment to his field:
- Becoming a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®)involves a certification process that entails rigorous education, examination, experience and ethical requirements. As a result, the most effective CFP® practitioner possesses financial counseling skills in addition to a demonstrated ability to apply a broad range of financial planning knowledge.
- Furthermore, David completed a comprehensive curriculum to achieve the Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®) designation. The ChFC® designation is earned from The American College in Bryn Mawr, PA—which has the distinction of being the nation’s oldest and largest academically accredited education institution devoted exclusively to financial services.
- Early in 2015, David received the Qualified Plan Financial Consultant (QPFC) designation from the National Association of Plan Advisors. To earn the QPFC designation, David demonstrated proficiency of plan administration, compliance, investment, fiduciary, and ethics issues.
Strategic Wealth Management, LLC is an Independent Registered Investment Adviser (RIA) firm organized to focus on providing regular and ongoing financial advice to its clients. David works diligently to provide clients with current, accurate and situationally appropriate financial guidance and advice.
To provide clients with access to products and services only available through a broker dealer firm, David also is a registered representative with United Planners Financial Services, and he holds the Series 24,7,6,62,63,65; as well as licensed for Life and Health Insurance.
As the firm’s President and founder, David works to assure that the firm and its staff are dedicated to the principled, objective and diligent practice of comprehensive financial planning and investment advisory/consulting services for all of its unique and varying clients.
A native Oregonian—growing up in the Portland area—David has worked with clients located primarily in the Pacific Northwest. Choosing to live in Bend, Oregon in the year 2000, he and his wife, Shelly, are the proud, faith-led parents of five children.
- Member of Estate Planning Council of Bend, Oregon
- Skills Coach- Mountain View High School (Bend) Tennis Team
- Other Coaching – youth basketball, soccer, baseball, tennis, girls softball and roller hockey
- Former Royal Rosarian, representing the mayor of Portland in greeting and entertaining visitors and dignitaries to the city.
BOOK A COMPLIMENTARY REVIEW WITH DAVID W. SMITH, CFP®, CHFC®, QPFC AND EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE...